We began in 1974 as the world's first financial spread betting company. Today we continue to lead the industry with our commitment to quality service and transparency in dealing.
We are owned by IG Group Holdings plc:
- We are listed on the London Stock Exchange
- We are a member of the FTSE 250 Index
- We execute more than five million transactions a month, for over 140,000 global clients
Our headquarters are in London and we have offices in 14 countries across five continents
We protect all individual client funds.
We place the full balance of your money into segregated bank accounts, ensuring your funds are returned in the event our financial circumstances change.
Our client money protection page provides further information.
We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, register number 114059.
Each year research agency Investment Trends produces an independent report on the spread betting industry. It is the most comprehensive in the field.
The latest report confirms our position as the top financial spread betting provider.*
We ranked first for mobile trading, while just under 60% of financial spread bettors have placed a deal with us over the previous 12 months.
We are the world's largest and longest-running financial spread-betting company.
- Investors Gold Index, the world's first financial spread betting firm, is founded. It later becomes IG Index.
- IG Index is the first company in the UK to take spread bets on the share prices of FT 30 companies.
- We are the first company to take spread bets on all publicly traded companies in the UK.
- We launch the UK's first online financial spread-
- IG Group is floated and listed on the London Stock Exchange (LSE).
- We introduce binary bets to our range of products.
- We launch our award-winning trading platform.
- We launch our first mobile dealing app, for iPhone. We roll out trailing stops and dealing-from-charts functionality on our trading platform.
- We begin sourcing prices from Europe's leading multi-lateral trading facilities.
- We launch Custom Bets and our Advanced
- We unveil our new Android and BlackBerry mobile dealing apps.
- We launch our insight, news and analysis centre.
Our recent awards include:
Best Spread Betting Provider
2011 & 2012 FT/Investors Chronicle Awards
Spread Betting Provider of the Year
2011, 2010, 2009 What Investment magazine Awards
Best Spread Betting Service
2012 Shares Magazine Awards
For more information, see our market leader section.
* No.1 provider based on percentage of spread bettors who have placed a deal with us in the previous 12 months – Investment Trends 2012 UK Leveraged Trading Report (Nov 12).
Spread bets are leveraged products. Spread betting may not be suitable for everyone and can result in losses that exceed your initial deposit, so please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.