Dealing from charts
You can drag and drop orders directly onto your charts - and adjust with just a click.
Orders are displayed as lines on the chart, and deals are activated when the lines are breached.
Any orders placed from charts are reflected in the working orders panel of our trading platform. Your orders to close will also appear on the chart, and can also be edited. Enhanced dealing functionality includes the ability to:
- Close positions through the charts
- Attach stops and limits to your existing positions
- Amend stops and limits on working orders
- See stops and limits illustrated within the charts
Dealing from charts is available from our real-time charts and Advanced Charts package. Just activate the feature in the 'My Account' area of the trading platform, then open the standalone charting package. There is a special help section in the trading platform that you can access through the 'Tools' menu.
To learn more about charts, come to one of our in-person charting seminars.
Our market-leading charting package also gives you access to an array of new professional-grade charting tools including:
- New indicators: CCI Divergence, MACD Rainbow, Dynamic Zone RSI, Moving Average Ribbon plus many more, with coloured visuals to aid clarity
- Dynamic colour zones: identify trends by creating your own colour zones around indicator lines or prices, for example by colouring your Ichimoku cloud
- Flexible new graphic interface and viewing options: choose to display the time periods most relevant for your needs; programme your preferred indicators and configure your toolbar to suit you; select optional 3-D visuals and custom colours
- New drawing objects: Ruler; Fibonacci Expansions; Fibonacci Time Zones; improved and coloured Fibonacci Retracements and new Horizontal and Vertical Segments
- Improved tick data management: better handling of multiple ticks, and optimised views
- Drag and drop: drag a market from any list and drop it into a chart, order book, tick-by-tick list or personalised list
- New alerts: create alerts with the 'ProScreener' and 'Top Movers' windows
Log in to our trading platform to find out for yourself how Advanced Charts can add a new dimension to technical analysis. Full instructions are included in the online help manual.
Spread bets are leveraged products. Spread betting may not be suitable for everyone and can result in losses that exceed your initial deposit, so please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.