House prices bet details
We offer bets on the average house price for the UK as a whole, based on the Halifax house price survey.
1. For all UK house price bets, the nearest four quarter months (from March, June, September and December, depending on when in the year you place your bet) will be available. Our last dealing times and dates for each bet are detailed below, and are also available on our trading platform.
2. All quotes will be expressed in £1000s, rounded to one decimal place. Dealing spreads vary according to the market and the date of contract expiry as follows:
a) Next expiring quarter: 2 points
b) Second expiring quarter (from date of bet): 2.2 points
c) Third expiring quarter: 2.5 points
d) Fourth expiring quarter: 2.8 points
3. Controlled risk premiums are available on our national house prices bets. You can place a guaranteed stop on your bet for an additional 0.5 point premium on either side. This is a flat premium charge, regardless of when your bet is set to expire.
4. The margin factor for all house prices bets is 5% of the level at which your bet is placed.
5. The minimum bet size if £10 per point.
6. Dealing hours are from Monday to Friday, 08:00-21:00
7. The last dealing day is the last UK business day of the contract month/quarter.
8. Deals are settled on the basis of the standardised average house price (seasonally adjusted) for the UK for the contract month.
9. Settlements will be expressed in £1000s and will be rounded to one decimal place. Settlements will be based on the first published price and will not be adjusted to reflect any further revisions, unless we deem there to have been a material error.
Spread bets are leveraged products. Spread betting may not be suitable for everyone and can result in losses that exceed your initial deposit, so please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.