Sectors bet details
We offer sector bets on 35 key FTSE 350 industries.
1. Sectors bets can be made in two ways: as a Daily Funded Bet (DFB) or as a futures bet (Quarterly bet). The expiry months for Quarterly bets rotate on a March, June, September, December cycle. Prices are quoted for the current and next quarter month.
2. Our quotes an ‘all-in’ spread for sectors, which includes both our spread and market spread. The spread is usually calculated as a percentage of the current sector price as follows:
- DFB: 0.2% of sector price
- Near quarter: 0.6% of sector price
- Far quarter: 0.7% of sector price
3. For controlled risk bets, a controlled risk premium of 0.3% is charged on the opening.
4. The margin factor will normally be 5% of the price of the sector in question. Thus a sector priced at 2000 will normally incur a margin 100 times the bet size.
5. The minimum bet size for sectors is £0.50 per point (for online dealing).
6. Dealing hours: Monday–Friday, 08.15–16.30.
7. The last dealing day for Quarterly bets will be the Tuesday before the third Wednesday of the contract month.
We offer bets on the following FTSE 350 sectors:
- Aerospace and Defence
- Construction and Materials
- Electronic and Electrical Equipment
- Equity Investment Instruments
- Fixed Line Telecoms
- Food and Drug Retailers
- Food Producers
- FTSE Mid 250
- General Retailers
- Health Care Equipment and Services
- Household Goods and Home Construction
- Industrial Engineering
- Industrial Transportation
- Leisure, Entertainment and Hotels
- Life Assurance
- Mobile Telecoms
- Non-life Insurance
- Oil and Gas Producers
- Oil Equipment and Services
- Personal Goods
- Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology
- Real Estate Investment Trusts
- Software and Computer Services
- Speciality Finance
- Support Services
- Technology Hardware and Equipment
Spread bets are leveraged products. Spread betting may not be suitable for everyone and can result in losses that exceed your initial deposit, so please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.